5 medium size chokos
3/4 cup raw sugar (75 gm)
1 1/2 cup of mixed nuts
100 g arrowroot/tapioca flour
Pie Pastry Crust
- Steam the chokos and then blend to a paste in a food processor
- Pour one quarter of the blended chokos into a pan and add sugar. Heat over low fire until the sugar has melted.
- Add rest of the blended choko and flour and mix till it thickens. This should only take a minute or two. Turn off the stove and let it cool.
- You need only half of the Pie Pastry Crust dough to line the bottom of a round 10-inch or 25 cm pie dish as the top will be covered with the nuts.
- If you are freshly making the Pie Pastry Crust dough, leave the amount of dough you intend to use for the pastry in the freezer for 20 minutes. Then roll out the dough that was in the freezer into a circle and line the bottom of your pie dish. Prick the pastry base evenly all over with a fork. Put the dough-lined dish into the freezer for about 15 mins to reduce shrinkage when baking. Meanwhile heat the oven to about 200 °C.
- Blind bake the Pie Pastry Crust. When nicely brown, let it cool down before pouring the choko mixture into the pie casing. Sprinkle the mixed nuts evenly all over the top of the choko mixture. With a spatula, gently press down so the nuts are properly embedded into the mixture.
- Place the pie in the fridge for about an hour before serving.
Related blog: Saving Grace of Chokos